Under the Pennsylvania Liquor Code, the only legally acceptable forms of identification are:
- A valid photo driver’s license issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation or any other state.
- A valid photo identification card issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation or any other state.
- A Canadian driver’s license or other bona fide Canadian identification, such as a Canadian-issued passport that contains a photograph.
- A valid United States Armed Forces ID card that contains the holder’s photograph.
- A valid passport, passport card or travel visa that contains the holder’s photograph.
Although these are all acceptable forms of identification, you do not have to accept all of them and may refuse service if you are uncertain or uncomfortable with the ID presented to you.
A link to continue to the next page will appear here when this time has elapsed.
Slide 39: Legally Acceptable ID